- Prospectors Trail , Pilgrims Rest, Mpumulanga, South Africa.
- 37km Circular Route / 3 Day Overnight Hike/ 1 or 2 day Run
- 1700m Approximately
- Moderately steep climb at start, from there on, rolling hills to the finish. Open grassland escarpment running over boulder fields, as well as some forest sections with beautiful soft undergrowth. Some Rocky single track trail.
- Lush indigenous Forest down below and Boulder fields on the escarpment with Clivia forests at lower altitudes. Beautiful views looking down the escarpment over the Lush Lowveld. Breathtaking views of the Crystal Springs Nature Reserve.
Fauna And Flaura:
- Massive Indigenous trees. Endangered High altitude Grassland. Wild flowers with indigenous ferns and clivias. Wildlife such as Bushbuck , Duiker , Reedbuck, warthog, bush pig and Baboons. Keep your eyes open for the beautiful birdlife that can be spotted in the lush forests. The Purple Crested Turaco is a bird that should not be overlooked, as it’s colours are as vibrant as the Lowveld itself! With a bit of luck Fish Eagle spotttings can also occur now and then,
Contact Person: Safcol, Chantalle Sieling email@example.com
GPS file: Prospectors KML file